Bookings made at this property are made under the followings terms:
The let will be for the period inclusive as indicated in the particulars.
Entry to be after after 2pm or 16.00hrs (turnarounds) on the day of arrival and exit by 10.30hrs Mon - Sat and 17.30pm Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays only on the day of departure . Tenants must adhere strictly to the above times to facilitate changeover. Confirmation of arrival and departure times will be confirmed after final balance taken, if there is no changeover required an earlier or later time may be possible on request or offered.
The total rental is as set out in the particulars inclusive of agency commission and any applicable VAT.
- Payment Terms & Refunds
30% is payable as a non-returnable deposit to confirm the booking. The balance is payable four weeks prior to the commencement of the tenancy. Payment should be made by Credit Card or Bank Transfer. Credit card payments are powered by WorldPay or Stripe via our website. Payment to be made in Sterling.
If the balance payment has not been received by the due date, the Landlord reserves the right to re-let, whilst holding the Tenant liable for full payment.
If the Tenant cancels after payment of the deposit and/or cancels or fails to make the final payment, the Landlord will endeavour to re-let. If the Landlord is successful in re-letting, amounts paid by the Tenant in respect of the let will be refunded, subject to deduction of re-letting expenses (including commission and any applicable VAT) and any loss of rent. Any loss of rent is the Tenant’s liability.
If the Landlord cancels the booking, the liability arising out of the cancellation of the booking for any reason whatsoever will be restricted to reimbursement of the monies paid to date (without interest) unless specifically agree otherwise in writing. The Landlord will not cancel the letting otherwise than in circumstances of emergency or an inability to perform this contract outside the Landlord’s control.
Neither the Landlord nor the property Landlord nor any agent(s) thereof accept liability for personal injury or illness or loss or damage to luggage or other belongings or for any delay, inconvenience or other loss. The Tenant on his/her own behalf and on behalf of all persons staying at or visiting the Property undertakes to pay proper respect to the nature of the terrain and facilities and the vagaries of the weather and the existence of and proximity of ponds, the moat and the river Little Ouse. The Tenant and his/her party will be solely responsible for their personal safety. Any equipment that is used by any person is entirely at the risk of the persons using it regardless of Landlordship.
Without prejudice to the responsibilities of the Tenant and his/her party, the Tenant will hold the Landlord harmless for any loss, damage or injury relating in any way to the property or its use or occupation ( including loss of rent) and shall effect insurance in respect thereof.
We recommend that you take out your own holiday insurance prior to travel, including cancellation insurance.
We are not responsible for arranging travel insurance for you and we cannot be held responsible for any costs you incur as a result of failing to have suitable insurance in place.
If you are unable to attend all or some aspect of your planned trip for any reason outside your control, and you have the appropriate insurance cover in place, we will be happy to provide you with a Statement of Payments Received to support an insurance claim.
Participation / hiring of / in any activities at the property is at your own risk and it is your responsibility to ensure that any such sports and/or activities are covered by your insurance policy or that of the third party supplier.
The Tenant will have the use of Blo Norton Hall for the period of the let. The maximum number allowed in the property at any one time is stipulated on the booking form. Duvet covers, sheets, pillowcases, towels and dishcloths are provided.
The Tenant and each member of the Party over eighteen (18) years of age will Jointly and severally indemnify the Landlord for the cost of repairs to the property, its grounds, replacing any items of glass, crockery, linen or any other item damaged during the tenancy. The Tenant must treat all fabrics and furniture with care and avoid spilling drinks or burning holes with cigarettes
All catering is the responsibility of the Tenant at his/her expense.
Smoking is not permitted in the property. An external ashtray is available in the garden.
- Departure - the Accommodation at the end of your stay, you shall ensure that the Accommodation is left clean and tidy and as you found it (with no blu-tac or sellotape on the walls, cookers clean, no dirty dishes left out or in the sink, food cupboards cleared out, fridge emptied, bins put out, dishwashers switched on etc). Whenever you leave the property at the end of your stay or during the course of your stay please makes sure all windows and doors are locked, we ask that you check all windows and doors are locked when you go to bed. Failure to do this may result in losing your security deposit if any damage or loss occurs due to a break in or windows doors blowing in the wind which has been a result of the window and doors not been locked. The Landlord reserves the right to claim direct from the guests for any amounts exceeding their security deposit as a result of not locking the property up.
A late checkout may be available, for an additional charge, subject to availability and to cancellation if we take a booking subsequent to agreeing a late checkout which requires us to have access to the Accommodation at the usual check out time.
The Tenant undertakes to vacate the property strictly on time at the end of the period of let.
Security deposit and damage or loss at the Accommodation
If during your stay there is any theft, loss, breakage or damage at the Accommodation by anyone in the party, you should report it to the Property Manager and Housekeeper as soon as possible.
By booking the Accommodation you accept responsibility for any theft, loss, breakage or damage at the Accommodation.
We reserve the right at our sole discretion to retain all or some of your security deposit to cover our costs and expenses in relation to:
- any theft, loss, damage or breakage at the Accommodation during your stay;
- any additional cleaning beyond that which would be reasonably expected of the Accommodation required after your stay;
- non-observance of the house rules;
- if keys are lost, a replacement of keys and/or locks;
- if we receive any complaints of noise from the neighbours of the Accommodation.
We will return your security deposit to you (net of any retentions) within 7 days of the end of your stay.
The tipping of hired staff is a traditional part of British etiquette and is strictly personal between the individual and the staff. As a guide we would suggested as a minimum:
Housekeeper & Staff £10/person/weekend or £20/person/week
Cook £10/person/weekend or £20/person/week
- Dogs / Pets
The Landlord/agent reserves the right to charge the full reimbursement cost of additional cleaning if there are dogs present, dogs are welcome by prior appointment at a weekly charge of £25 each per week or part You must not allow any pets in the Accommodation unless you have notified us beforehand and we have agreed in writing;
- pets must not be left unattended in the Accommodation at any time;
- pets must not be allowed in any of the bedrooms or on any furniture;
- If a garden is described as enclosed, this does not mean “escape proof” for pets;
- You must clear up any fouling by the pet(s) immediately;
- You will be responsible for any damages to the Accommodation caused by your pet(s).
i) If there is more than one Tenant referred too in the Booking form their liability is joint and several. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in allowance with the Laws of England. The Tenant agrees that any and all notices, correspondence or legal papers shall be properly served upon the Tenant if posted by prepaid first class mail to the address(es) appearing on the Booking form and / or by email to the email address in the booking form. In the event of any dispute hereunder (other than the non-payment of rent), the matter shall be settled by arbitration, each party to appoint an arbitrator within fourteen (14) days of being requested to do so by the other, failing which the same shall be appointed by the Law Society. The decision of the administrator shall be final and binding.
ii) The use of the property for the purposes of a Hen or Stag or 21st Birthday party or similar is not permitted under any circumstances unless specifically notified to and agreed by the Landlord in writing.
iii) The property is self catering. The Landlord will supply complimentary toilet rolls, washing up liquid and soap, tea and coffee but the Tenant should ensure that the Tenant brings supplies as these will not be replaced in the course of the stay.
iv) The description of the property is as accurate as reasonably possible but its accuracy cannot be warranted or guaranteed. The Landlord reserves the right to alter the layout and facilities of the property as it shall think fit but shall not voluntarily alter the same in such manner as might prejudice or impair reasonable Tenant’s use of the property.
Notwithstanding anything else in these Conditions or the house rules for the Accommodation you must comply with the following general rules throughout your stay:
- On arrival at the Accommodation you should check the location of all fire exits and if children are included in your party, you should check all toys, garden furniture and garden layout for suitability as well as window locks and other indoor facilities. It is your responsibility to check that children within your party are safe and that all guests are familiar with safety procedures;
- No smoking is permitted in the Accommodation;
- No bottles are to be left outside the Accommodation, use bins provided;
- No noise outside the Accommodation is permitted after 11pm;
- No music outside the Accommodation is permitted after 11pm.
vi) The only fires that may be lit are those in the main Hall and the two sitting rooms. Candles may only be used in and while dining in the main hall or the kitchen.
vii) The Tenant warrants to the Landlord that the Tenant has authority to sign this booking form and rental agreement on his/her own behalf and on behalf of each member of the Party.
Any complaints should be made immediately or as soon as reasonably possible to us in order to give us a chance to rectify the situation. In every case the complaint must be notified before departure. It is specifically agreed by you that failure to notify a complaint immediately or as soon as possible or at all before departure will entitle us to refuse to entertain the complaint, irrespective of its merits.
- WiFi - Hall and Barns
WI FI internet access is available free of charge to guests on the condition that it is not used to view or download from sites that have illegal content or images. WIRELESS INTERNET is provided as a convenience only & are not integral to the lease. No refund of rents shall be given for faults, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to services.
You must be responsible for the behaviour of yourself and your group, for the duration of the booking process and the event itself. We can refuse to accept you as a customer or refuse to continue dealing with you and/or any other member of your party by terminating your arrangements if behaviour is or is likely to be, in our reasonable opinion, or other person in authority, disruptive, upsetting or dangerous to yourself or anyone else or if you or any member of your party have caused or are likely to cause damage to property. This includes but is not limited to the possession and consumption of illegal substances by any members of the group, which is strictly prohibited during your stay.
We will not pay any refund, compensation or other sum whatsoever or any costs or expenses incurred by you if we have to terminate your arrangements due to such unacceptable behaviour. In this situation we will then have no further responsibility for you or any other member of your party (including any return travel arrangements).
During your stay
In particular, you must not use any Accommodation for wild and noisy house parties and if you ignore this requirement you may be asked to leave, particularly if the Accommodation is in a residential area. We ask that the Accommodation and the neighbours/surroundings are respected at all times.
We expect all members of the party to have consideration for other people. If you or any member of your party behaves in any way which is likely to cause danger, upset or distress to a third party and/or damage to property:
- we and/or the Landlord of the Accommodation are entitled without giving prior notice to terminate the stay of the person(s) concerned;
- the person(s) concerned will be required to leave the Accommodation and/or any service being provided, immediately;
- we will have no further responsibility towards such person(s) and in particular will not be responsible for alternative accommodation arrangements; and
- we reserve the right to retain any sums paid by you to us to cover our resulting costs and expenses.
If the Landlord or person of authority of the Accommodation feels the whole group is not complying with the house rules, then the Landlord or person of authority has the right to ask all the guests in the Booking to leave immediately and we reserve the right to retain any sums paid by you to us to cover our resulting costs and expenses.